Thursday, July 26, 2012

100 Quilts for Kids QAL, Christmas Charm Swap, etc

Alright - today's post is going to be extremely picture heavy. But it's beautiful fabric- so I don't think anyone will complain.


My first stack of half-quarters from the Stash Builder club by PinkCastle. Gorgeous, huh? I love the pinks!!



Awesome fabric from FatQuarter Shop for my Christmas charm swap! Cutting into it this weekend. I got a yard and a half each - so I can have a little extra!


And here is my order of Christmas fabric with a fun charm pack - Momo Mushroom Animals - and my Cuzco Moda Jelly Roll (by Kate Spain). 


How cute is that?? Look at that bear! Look at it. And the apples have EYES!


...which would be creepy if they weren't so cute.

Also purchased from the same store, Cuzco by Kate Spain for my 100 Quilts for Kids QAL; so beautiful it hurts! My current favorite layout potential for these paper pieced string blocks is this:



but it only came with two strips of orange! What is a girl to do?


This is organized by the amount of fabric per color I have, with yellows, oranges and grays on the edges. Don't like it nearly as much (note the white strip in the middle represents a strip of white fabric).


And here it is in color order. So pretty... Le sigh. I guess I'll figure it out this weekend!

On a side note, I ordered the charm pack and Cuzco jelly roll from Quilt Taffy on Etsy. This is a completely unpaid endorsement: the prices are great, I was able to bundle packages to reduce shipping, and my fabric was shipped immediately! So few people had the Cuzco line, and they had it for a fair price. Great job, Quilt Taffy

Join Swim, Bike, Quilt's 100 Quilts for Kids QAL!


Swimbikequilt

1 comment:

  1. There are so many great quilt alongs going on right now-- thanks for reminding me about this one for 100 quilts for kids. I also love your charms-- too cute!

    ReplyDelete