Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finish: Wiggly Whimsy Quilt

I finished the Wiggly Whimsy quilt Friday night so I could donate it on Saturday morning at the DC Modern Quilt Guild - we met at the National Gallery sculpture garden. It was a beautiful day, perfect for pictures, and oh my gosh are those guys talented! I was a little embarrassed to donate my second ever quilt when I saw everyone else's quilt, but everyone was so supportive! I'm so excited to see Elle, Jess, Heather and Fredrick again, although I'm out of town for next weekends meeting. They're all working on paper pieced projects which makes me want to try it, although I am not endeared to the idea of cutting all the pieces (paper and fabric). So without further ado, here are the finished pictures of Wiggly Whimsy.



Large, wavy lines broke up the blockiness of the finished design. I had this extra block, so I pieced it off center on the back.


And here is Elle holding up the quilt under the Metropolitain sign next to the little cafe out there. The finished quilt is about 40 x 58... ish? It's bigger than it looks here because Elle is tall! Darling that she is, she took my quilt home with her to ship to a charity in Ohio (my home state).

All in all, it was a great experience and I will definitely be hanging out with the DC MQG again.

3 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I am sure that whoever receives it in the end will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty quilt! I just love that crinkly, wrinkled texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I hope we'll see you again at another meeting soon! We've got one on March 17th in College Park, and I'm dying to see more of your Mod Pops project! :) Elle

    ReplyDelete