Monday, June 4, 2012

Let me introduce myself...

It is a constant frustration to me that I cannot write (or do anything) in a consistent fashion; self-discipline is an area I have always struggled with. It is with that in mind that I try to start yet another blog. In an attempt to give myself a creative outlet, I hope to interact with the local and national blogging community I have longed to be a part of for so long. So without further adieu:

Hi! My name is Alex, and I work as a computer analyst at a local university. "Analyst" is a very ambiguous term- what I actually do is desktop support; I come to staff members in trouble and assist them to resolve computer related problems, from hardware malfunction to user errors. This is a high stress, high impact, "customer facing" job which pays just a bit more than my rent. In my field, I am a bit of an anomaly- I do not have a computer related degree, an analytic mind, and I'm not socially impaired. I do, however, have a passion for people which has served me well. But I am not my job.


This is Sigmund (grey, female) and Freud (black, male). They cuddle me in times of need, and puke on my carpet when it seems like I'm running late to something.

My current creative hobby is quilting - I've made some squares, but am working on a quilt top that resembles paint chips; I'm sooo excited because it actually looks like I imagined!!
And for good measure, a project that looks pretty the I abandoned working on.. (hexies clearly aren't for me!)

And some sheep from the Maryland sheep and wool festival!

Hi! I'm so glad to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment